Friday, November 9, 2012

thankful tree

i know that i have told you in an earlier post that i have been recycling recipes alot lately so i havent been sharing much. well i have also been spending alot of time browsing pinterest to get ready for the holidays (I am super excited!) anyways, pinterest has caused me to redecorate my front room (i painted and hung curtains... im working up the nerve to try my hands at restaining my cabinets an espresso color::wish me luck- i plan on attempting this after the holidays:: and i've been looking for all kinds of new crafts to do with my kiddos and i came across this and thought it was a great idea. well when it came to craft time today i knew this was perfect.... so here is my kids thankful tree...

thankful tree
from http://bargainbound.blogspot.com/2011/11/thankful-tree.html

construction paper
leaf stamp
scissors

first i drew a tree on a piece of brown construction paper and had my 5 year old, Oliver (oli) cut it out with scissors. When he was done, i taped it to my kitchen wall.

meanwhile, my 2 year old daughter anabelle (aj) stamped leaves onto different colored papers. When she was done with that, oli cut those out too.

When he was done with those, i asked what they were thankful for and wrote it on the leaves (9 of them to be exact since today is the 9th and i plan to do one a day) and then taped them to the thankful tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment