Tuesday, June 26, 2012

sweet and spicy bacon wrapped chicken

YUM! thats all that i can really say... i will definitely be making these again for the hubby and myself! its super easy and its definitely my kind of recipe! no measuring involved!!! of course, oli and aj wouldnt even touch them (side note: oli finds spaghetti dipped in ketchup delicious) is this an age thing?! i am always trying to find recipes that the whole family will love because its much easier on me (i used to make 3 seperate meals- 1 nonorganic meat for frank, 1 organic meat for oli and 1 vegetarian for me so even if i make one thing for frank and me and one for the kids its still less on me!)

i dont know where i was going with that... all i know is that i hope that my kids grow out of this whole not eating thing/not liking what i make for them- im not used to it lol

also there is something stuck under my 'o' button and its seriously annoying. that is all

sweet and spicy bacon wrapped chicken
 
4 chicken breasts cut in thirds (12 pieces)
6 Bacon slices, cut in half (or 12 but i like to conserve)
 pepper to taste
garlic powder
chili powder
brown sugar

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
 
Cut each breast into 3 pieces, season all the chicken with the spices, then wrap a bacon slice around each piece, roll in brown sugar and place into an oven proof dish coated with oil or cooking spray.
 
Cook for 40 minutes or until chicken is cooked thoroughly and bacon is crispy.
 
We dipped these in bbq sauce but they actually don't really need to be dipped in anything!

No comments:

Post a Comment