Monday, March 12, 2012

cajun shrimp with remoulade sauce

this is definitely one of my all time favorite recipes! it is always a huge hit whenever i make it and bring it to any family function! and its pretty simple (as long as you can find already peeled and deveined raw shrimp). the first time i made this recipe for my in laws was for a party last year and everyone raved about it and asked me for the recipe shortly after!

cajun shrimp
from one of my mom's cookbook

1 lb raw shrimp - peeled and deveined
1 tbsp cajun seasoning
1 tbsp olive oil
2 tsp fresh grated lemon peel

mix all ingredients together to evenly coat shrimp.

place shrimp on  hot grill pan over medium heat and cook until done- turning once.

(after tasting one, if  I don't think they are spicy enough, I put them in a bowl and sprinkle some cayenne pepper over them and shake it up.)

remoulade sauce:

1/2 cup mayo
1 tbsp dijon mustard
1 tbsp minced parsley
2 tsp fresh lemon juice
1/4 tsp cajun seasoning
1 green onion, minced

mix all ingredients in bowl. cover and refrigerate.

No comments:

Post a Comment